Monday, February 13, 2012

Neglect

I feel bad because I have neglected this blog lately with the time consumed by my reclaiming experience blog.  I have truly enjoyed writing in that blog, but this one still has its place.  I stayed home sick today, so I have found a lot of time to sit around and think.  I even watched Downton Abbey again.  As I watch the show, I envy the characters.  Although they are going through terrible troubles, I love Sybil and Branson's story.  What it must be like to be so admired...  It makes me feel like my life is so uninteresting and I have lost some of my passion.  This is evident in my teaching.  I guess reality does this to people.


But the truth is, I don't want to lose my passion.  I think I have to keep developing it.  I've been in such a rut where I haven't really tried anything new and I haven't met any new people.  I want to change that.  When I move (wherever it is), these are the things I want to do:
-Take photography classes
-Take art classes
-Volunteer
-Complete a voluntourism experience
-Spend as much time outside as possible
-Garden
-Become involved with a cause
-Fall in love with my hometown
-Regain confidence in myself
-Make a difference
-Find happiness
-Bring happiness to others
-Try as many things as possible
-Meet people that force me to become a better version of myself


There is a lot more, but this is all I can think of for now.  I don't know why I feel I am in such a low place now, but I do.  I think it may have to do with valentine's day being tomorrow.  I would like to say I don't take much stock in the holiday, but that may not be completely true.  I have to make a promise to myself that no matter what happens with my potential move, that I attempt to pursue these things.  I cannot take defeat from not creating a new beginning in a new town if it doesn't work out.  If this is the case, I must make my new beginning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment